October 27, 2014 by Brian Harmon
What do you know about raising money with crowd-sourcing? What do you know about Kickstarter? Have you supported any campaigns? Why? Looking ahead to the AFFECTIVE VIDEO ASSIGNMENT, what object/service do you think might be a good candidate for your project?
- Genres of Youtube
- Kickstarter Promotion
- Concept (Object) in 60
Object in 60 Mini-Assignment:
Over the next two class periods, you are to produce a video that addresses, introduces, suggests, and/or explains a specific object, concept, or service in EXACTLY 60 seconds. This assignment is designed to give you more practice with non-linear video editing while focusing your attention toward a specific purpose. Your video must meet the following requirements:
- Your video must run 60 seconds – no more, no less – including title screen and any credits.
- Your video must take an explanatory, critical, reflective, and/or interpretive approach to its subject matter.
- You must strip your video of all actual audio. You may layer audio in your project as long as you avoid all literal video/audio recording.
- Your video must be titled “__________in 60.” There must be a title screen somewhere in your video. You must also give yourself credit as the video artist/composer somewhere in the video.
- You must secure permissions for all materials used in your project. You must give credit for all media used in your video.
- You must upload your video to your Youtube Channel and tweet a link to the video @techwriting462 with #objectin60 by the end of the class period on Wednesday 10.29.
Gather media for your video. Be sure to bring your hard/flash drive to class.
Review some of the following links.